CBD, also known as cannabidiol, may have different beneficial properties for health. We’ve watched CBD products skyrocket in popularity more than ever in the last few years. People use CBD for many ailments, from pain and inflammation to sleep problems and anxiety.
Today, we’ll look at how you can buy CBD oil in Pennsylvania. After the 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp from the list of controlled substances, there’s been an influx of CBD products. This article answers your questions about the legality of CBD in Pennsylvania and where to buy from. Also, you’ll learn helpful tips to look for if you want a high-quality product.
CBD Oil in Pennsylvania: Things You Need to Know
Pennsylvania was one of the first states to classify hemp as an agricultural commodity after the 2018 Farm Bill. So, CBD oil is widely available in Pennsylvania. However, it must adhere to certain requirements. We’ll discuss that when answering: Is CBD legal?
Where to buy CBD oil in Pennsylvania is not much of an issue. You can find CBD at physical stores as well as online shops. It’s up to you to decide if you want to walk to a physical store or place an order online.
Is CBD Legal in Pennsylvania?
Let’s answer the commonly asked question: Is CBD oil legal in Pennsylvania?
CBD oil is legal in Pennsylvania as long as it follows all the federal and state laws. That means CBD is legal only when it comes from hemp plants. Also, it must have less than 0.3% THC, the cannabis compound that gives a high feeling.
Furthermore, Pennsylvania passed its medical marijuana program in 2016. People with certain health conditions and a medical marijuana card can use marijuana-based CBD. Recreational marijuana, however, is illegal in Pennsylvania. So residents cannot use CBD oil if it comes from marijuana.
That said, how old do you have to be to buy CBD? The answer to this question is it depends. Generally, you have to be at least 18 years. However, most companies will not sell CBD oil to anyone who is not up to 21.
Where to Buy CBD Oil Locally in Pennsylvania?
You have access to CBD oil and other CBD products in Pennsylvania. So, where can you buy CBD oil in Pennsylvania locally? Frankly, CBD products are all over the place. The state of Pennsylvania has different dispensaries where you can buy CBD. These dispensaries are situated in major city centres.
You can also buy from retail stores, pharmacies, vape shops, gas stations, and health food stores in the state.
Local CBD Retailers in Pennsylvania
Philadelphia and Pittsburgh have plenty of CBD stores if you want to purchase CBD oil in Pennsylvania. You can also go to nearby stores in Delaware or New Jersey.
Below are some of the local CBD stores in the state.
CBD stores in Philadelphia
- Vapor Central
- Holy Smokes
- Exclusive Vape Shop
- Penn Herb Co Ltd Factory Store
- Mom’s Vape Shop
CBD Oil stores in Pittsburgh
- Glass Gone Wow
- GWC Vape Shop
- Monster Vape
- Murray Avenue Apothecary
CBD Oil stores in Harrisburg
- StashBox Harrisburg
CBD Oil stores in Erie
- TKO Vapor
- Chicory Hill Herbs
- Hippie and the Hound Vape Store and Lounge
Other CBD stores in Pennsylvania
- Good Habits
- Hemp Headquarters
- PA Botanicals
- Nature’s Best CBD Pa Store
- Burman’sHealth Shop
- Juice Spot
How to Find Quality CBD Oil Products in Pennsylvania
The FDA conducted a study in 2020 and found that about 25% of CBD products are mislabelled. Some of these products also didn’t contain the level of CBD the company claimed they have.
Thankfully, some tips can help you find premium CBD oil in Pennsylvania from a reliable company.
- Check for Third-party Lab reports: Independent lab testing is an essential factor that points you to the right brand. This lab report shows you the CBD content and chemical makeup of the product. It also helps you confirm if the product is free from heavy metals and toxins. An independent lab result should be accessible on the brand’s website. The company should also provide it upon request if it’s not anywhere on the site.
- Verify the THC content: If you want to buy CBD oil in Pennsylvania, always double-check the amount of THC it contains. By law, hemp-derived CBD oil must have 0.3% or less THC. A company that doesn’t follow the regulations and exceeds this limit is not trustworthy. Also, you will put yourself in trouble when you buy such products, except you’re a medical marijuana patient.
- CBD extraction method: The manufacturer has to extract CBD from the hemp plant to make the product. This process of extracting CBD influences the quality of the end product. In the industry, the CO2 extraction technique is considered safer. And that is because it leaves no chemical residues in the CBD product.
- Check the type of CBD: Every CBD product contains one of three types of CBD. There are full-spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolates. Full-spectrum contains CBD, trace amounts of THC, and beneficial compounds like other cannabinoids and terpenes. Broad-spectrum CBD is the same as full-spectrum except that it has no THC.
On the other hand, isolates contain only CBD and no other compound. You should choose full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD if you want to enjoy the whole benefits of the hemp plant.
You can find CBD products everywhere in Pennsylvania. CBD enthusiasts can visit retail storefronts, dispensaries, gas stations, and health stores within the state. If you don’t want to buy CBD locally, you can also order from an online seller. Many CBD manufacturers deliver in all 50 states.
However, you must ensure the product is hemp-derived and doesn’t contain more than 0.3% THC. When buying CBD, you want to be cautious and buy only from reputable brands. Make sure the company provides a third-party test result on its website.